A quick look at the French charts, week ending Sep. 14h, 2017
• French rapper Niska continues commanding the combined singles chart, for the 8th week in a row. His song ‘Réseaux’ is only the 4th number one this year, yielding the second slowest turnover atop the French charts since 2005.
• « Feels » (Calvin Harris feat. Katy Perry, Pharrell Williams, Big Sean) continues ruling the airplay chart for the 8th week in a row. It maintains its grip over the download chart too, for the second week running.
• French rapper Ninho has all 15 tracks of his latest album entering, or still featured, in the top 20 positions of the combined singles chart.
• All top 3 positions of the albums chart are held by new entries:
« 13 », by iconic French band Indochine (Smart) at 1
« Comme prévu » by Ninho (Rec 118) at 2
« Live » by veteran group Les Insus (Parlophone) at 3
• Highest new entry by a foreign act on the albums chart is The National’s « Sleep Well Beast » (on Beggars) at 19.
The French charts are compiled by GfK for Snep. They are based on downloads, streams and, for the albums chart, physical sales.
The airplay chart is compiled by Yacast.